“What difference, AT THIS POINT, does it make?”
Republicans keep misquoting Hillary Clinton.
In addition, Hillary Clinton was referring to what difference does it make what Ambassador Rice said on the Sunday morning talk shows. Hillary was not talking about what difference does it make that these four Americans died. Anyone with half a brain should understand that.
And guess what? Hillary Clinton is absolutely correct. Why were Republicans focusing on what Ambassador Rice said on a Sunday morning talk show?
Ambassador Rice told the American people exactly what the intelligence communities talking points said. These were the same talking points Congress received. Obviously the intelligence community got it wrong, but that doesn’t mean the Obama Administration lied, it simply means the intelligence community got it wrong.
Hillary’s point was that at this point, what difference does it make what Ambassador Rice said on a Sunday morning talk show? We know now the intelligence community got it wrong, but the Administration did not lie. The Administration simply told the American people the same talking points Congress received from the intelligence community.
The reason Republicans are politicizing Benghazi is because that is the only thing they can use against Hillary Clinton. But let us remember:
1. More Americans died from Embassy attacks during Bush’s Administration
2. The non-partisan Accountability Review Board did NOT find Hillary responsible for what happened in Benghazi
3. We have had numerous Accountability Review Boards throughout our history because security overseas is never 100%
4. Hillary implemented all of the recommendations the Accountability Review Board set forth
5. The biggest security failure, 9/11, happened under a Republican Administration
6. Republicans cut millions in funding for “EMBASSY SECURITY”
The bottom line is: those who decide to pursue careers in diplomatic work know the risks. Obviously we try to do everything we can to make sure our Embassy’s are secure, but Embassy security is NEVER 100%.
Hillary Clinton was not found responsible for the Benghazi attacks according to the non-partasian Accountability Review Board, and she implemented all of their recommendations. This is not the first, nor the last, Embassy attack that will result in the death of American lives. Remember — we had more Americans die in Embassy attacks during Bush’s Administration.
It’s truly sickening that Republicans are playing politics with a tragedy like this. They must really be scared of Hillary in 2016.